DOT Compliance Checklist
DOT 49 CFR Part 40 Requirements for Safety Sensitive Employees.
- Pre-Employment Tests
- Correct Federal Custody & Control Form (CCF)
- Substance Abuse Professional Process
- Regulations on File
- Random Pool Testing
- * Supervisor Training
- * Written Policy
- Post-Accident Testing Situations
- Previous Employers Checks
- Employee Education
- Record Keeping
- Removal of covered Employee
- Designated Employer Representative
*In addition, any company which employs 2 or more covered employees must have a written drug and alcohol policy and all supervisors must be trained in accordance with agency specific regulations.
*CDL operators and or companies regulated by DOT can face fines and additional penalties for failing to comply with all of the above DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Program Requirements.