Sobriety strengthens national defense
The United States Department of Defense's Under Secretary for Personnel and Readiness gets straight to the point: Drug use is incompatible with DoD military and public service. The abuse of illicit drugs can impair performance and negatively impact readiness in the hazardous conditions unique to the military work environment. Abuse of illicit drugs and misuse of prescription drugs also has the potential to compromise national interests and national security in handling of sensitive information.
Far too often, media messaging, movies, TV shows and other venues of pop-culture cool make light of alcohol and drug use and they never seem to acknowledge the vital and central role sobriety plays in the strength of our national defense. But consider our service members' promises to respond with expertise and without hesitation to threats to our security and freedoms at a moment's notice:
- This We'll Defend, the U.S. Army says;
- Semper Fidelis (always faithful), shout the U.S. Marines;
- We are Semper Fortis (always courageous), the U.S. Navy promises;
- Semper Paratus (always prepared), vows the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG);
- Aim High ¦ Fly-Fight-Win, the U.S. Air Force thunders;
- Semper Supra (always above), says the U.S. Space Force.
Accredited Drug Testing (ADT) and our more than 10,000 testing centers nationwide stand ready to assist all branches of the U.S. military with drug-and-alcohol testing services. We currently are honored to specialize in providing drug testing, required physical exams, and random testing as required of prospective and active service members, contractors and employers regulated by the Coast Guard. ADT offers same-day service for all USCG drug testing services.
And because we recognize and are grateful for their commitment to maintaining solid defense of our country, ADT provides a 20% percent discount for any of our other services.
Further, ADT offers:
- educational programs and consulting designed to help federally regulated employers and prospective and active service members maintain complete compliance with federal regulations for drug and alcohol testing. Our offerings also can be tailored to help service members learn the latest science showing the impacts of drug and alcohol abuse on work performance.
- professional training, certifications and business start-up services to assist military veterans who want to start their own testing service companies. We have more than 30 years of experience in the drug testing industry to show veterans how to get started.
For more information or to schedule any of our testing services, please call us today at 1-800-221-4291.
When employers, human resources managers, business start-ups, drug-testing providers, safety managers and Designated Employer Representatives have questions about the creation and maintenance of drug-free workplace policies and programs, they turn to ADT for the answers.